Sunday, July 20, 2008

Genesis 24:7; Genesis 24: 40-46

Genesis 24:7..."The LORD, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father's household and my native land and who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, 'To your offspring [or seed] I will give this land'-he will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there.

Genesis 24: 40-46...40"He replied, 'The LORD, before whom I have walked, will send his angel with you and make your journey a success, so that you can get a wife for my son from my own clan and from my father's family. 41Then, when you go to my clan, you will be released from my oath even if they refuse to give her to you-you will be released from my oath.' 42"When I came to the spring today, I said, 'O LORD, God of my master Abraham, if you will, please grant success to the journey on which I have come. 43See, I am standing beside this spring; if a maiden comes out to draw water and I say to her, "Please let me drink a little water from your jar," 44and if she says to me, "Drink, and I'll draw water for your camels too," let her be the one the LORD has chosen for my master's son.' 45"Before I finished praying in my heart, Rebekah came out, with her jar on her shoulder. She went down to the spring and drew water, and I said to her, 'Please give me a drink.' 46"She quickly lowered her jar from her shoulder and said, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too.' So I drank, and she watered the camels also.

2 comments:

sro said...

You have truly taken the 23 things and gone beyond. I think your angel ministry is inspired and inspirational! I have not quite finished, but I see the end in sight. I have taken a job at the ad building as a social studies support person for secondary teachers. Not exactly sure what all it entails, but I know it is where God has directed me. So my time is currrently being taken up by packing and pitching 27 years of classroom materials. Enjoy the rest of your summer, and God's blessing on your angel blog journey.

Angels UK said...

Thank you for taking the time and effort to put all these biblical passages on here. I like the way you have put it all together and there is lots of inspiration from the posts. I am a firm believer in Angels and it is good to learn more about their history.