Friday, November 21, 2008

Judges 6:11, 12, 20, 21, 22

Judges 6:11, 12, 20-22...11The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threashing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. 12When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, "The Lord is with you, mighty warrior." 20The angel of God said to him, "Take the meat and the unleavened bread, place them on this rock, and pour out the broth." And Gideon did so. 21With the tip of the staff that was in his hand, the angel of the Lord touched the meat and the bread. Fire flared from the rock, consuming the meat and the bread. And the angel of the Lord disappeared. 22When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the Lord, he exclaimed, "Ah, Sovereign Lord! I have seen the angel of the Lord face to face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke 24:23
but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive.

Luke 12:9
But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God.

Luke 15:10
In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Mark 8:38
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."
Mark 8:37-38 (in Context) Mark 8 (Whole Chapter)

Hebrews 13:2 said...

Anonymous...
You are right...I just haven't gotten that far yet...I'm only up to the Book of Judges.
My goal is to take every reference in the NIV Bible that mentions the word "Angels" or "Angel" and highlight them in my Blog.
Thank you for reading my blog.
I hope you continue to enjoy it.